Getting a job
Getting a job
Get help to find a job or prepare for an interview. Whether you need help to create a CV and gain confidence in interview techniques or need smart interview clothes to help you look good and feel great, there’s plenty of help available in Bolton.
CV and interview help
Starts With You - Employability skills and life coaching
Employability skills and life coaching
Struggling with employment, confidence or have general life worries?
Andy who is an Employability & Partnerships Officer can support you:
- Regain your self-belief
- Improve confidence
- Update your CV
- Interview preparation
- Applying for volunteering or job opportunities
- Telephone (Andy): 07706735103
- Email: email@example.com
The Well – Job Club
Farnworth Baptist Church, Trafford Street, Farnworth, BL4 7PQ
If you are unemployed and looking for work, then CAP Job Club could help you.
CAP Job Club is a place to meet with other job seekers, share tips and tricks on CVs, applications, interviews and much more in a non-threatening (supportive) environment. We support with;
- Access to a computer and internet and for those who are not confident on computers, our volunteers will help you through your online job search
- Help you with your CV, application forms and help you prepare for interview
- Offer structured work experience and a range of on-line courses to help you get back into work
A time of unemployment can be a time of serious stress, especially with the pressure of others weighing on you. Work Club is a group of people who get together to help each other find work. No pressure. No judgement.
WorkClub is open on Tuesday and Friday mornings from 10am until 12pm. Just drop in, no appointment needed.
- Telephone: 01204 861671
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bolton at Home
Bolton at Home have a range of free courses to support you into work including:
- Confidence Building
- Be confident Applying for Jobs
- One day First Aid courses
- One day Health and Safety course
Find out more about their customer training programme on the Bolton at Home website.
National Careers Service
National Careers Service provide careers information, advice and guidance. They can help you to make decisions on learning, training and work at all stages in your career.
Get personalised careers advice and information on all aspects of your career including:
- Making career choices
- Getting a job (including help with CVs and job applications)
- Progressing your career
Call 0800 100 900 to speak to an adviser or visit the National Careers Website to use their webchat service
Help with interview clothes
Bolton at Home’s Working Wardrobe will help interviewees make the best possible first impression so they're successful in getting that job by offering:
- suitable interview attire,
- sector-specific mock interviews and feedback (available in person or remotely),
- one to one interview preparation (available in person or remotely),
- and other tailored employment support
To find out more visit the Bolton at Home Working Wardrobe page.
Help to get online and complete job applications
Bolton Library and Museum Services Digital Help
Bolton Library and Museum Services offer free one to one support for people who need help to get online and use their devices.
The support is delivered by a network of Digital Helpers who have undertaken training to be able to support you with a variety of needs. So whether it's the very basics of getting started to use a device or attaching documents to emails and online shopping they're there to help!
To book a session, contact us on via the details below.
- Telephone: 01204 332853
- Email: email@example.com
Download the Digital Support leaflet for further information about help available.
Starts With You Digital Help
Need digital help?
Get support to use a phone, tablet or other digital devices to enable you to find a job.
Get help with:
- Internet skills, social media and shopping
- Online basics – using search engines
- Making and accessing emails
- Telephone: 07384114180
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org